Holy Monastery of our Lady of Mario
The monastery was established in the 15th century. Inaccessible hermitages developed around the monastery inside the hollow caves in the rock face. Its iconography is also remarkable. The icon of the Virgin Mary Odigitria stands out, painted by Fotis Kontoglou. Having followed the path of martyrdom, burnt down by Ibrahim Pasha of Egypt, it was abandoned in 1842 by its three remaining monks. However, a 2-day celebration is still held here on August 24th.